Maintain, Protect and Improve Your Gear
Ringing in the new year means new resolutions! But as we all know, people often encounter roadblocks to meeting their resolutions and end up tossing those goals by March. Hey, we’ve all been there. Luckily this year is different! Why?
Say your resolution is one of the following: “I'll take care of my stuff this year” or “I’ll make better environmental choices in 2023” or “I’ll finally fix up the house” or even “I’ll venture outdoors more often.” For all of these resolutions, there’s a product that can help you exceed your goals…you guessed it…Gear Hugger!
Let’s protect our stuff, reduce our consumption, avoid chemicals, and make this the best year yet. To make your resolutions a reality, you might want to develop a timetable that will serve as a reminder or designate a particular day each month or each quarter to clean, lubricate, and protect your precious gear:
- Identify the right gear: Mechanisms with metal parts that can rub against each other and cause friction include door hinges, locks and wheels on carts, bikes, motorcycles or other movable objects
- Clean your gear: Debris and dirt can build up on equipment over time and lead to wear and tear. Use a brush or cloth to clean off any dirt or debris from your equipment.
- Check your gear for wear and damage. Look for cracks, chips, or other sorts of damage. If you do encounter any problems, think about fixing or replacing the damaged gear as necessary.
- Lubricate your gear with Gear Hugger: Our team has deep expertise in the science and manufacturing of lubricants and has created a truly one-of-a-kind plant-powered solution with zero non-renewable petroleum and 3x the lubricity vs. petroleum-based products.
- Properly store your gear: Proper storage can help to safeguard your Gear and maintain its quality. To avoid damage from moisture or heat, make sure to store your equipment in a dry, cold, and dark location.
Keep your gear going longer by following the manufacturer's recommendations for lubrication and using a multi-purpose lubricant that is plant-powered and non-toxic. And join Gear Hugger in an effort to turn our throw-away society into an upkeep culture and feel good about the impact on our planet.