As the days grow shorter and the temperature drops, it's a clear sign that winter is just around the corner. Thus, it's time to start preparing your home for the colder months—and Gear Hugger is here to help you make the job easy and environmentally friendly!
Winterize Your Home with Our Award-Winning Plant-Based Multipurpose Lubricant and Heavy-Duty Degreaser
Gear Hugger's award-winning, eco-friendly solutions are here to help you winterize your home quickly, easily, and safely. The Plant-Based Multipurpose Lubricant and Heavy-Duty Degreaser work even better than the petroleum-based stuff, AND they're completely nontoxic. That means they work like a charm and can safely be used on even the most high-touch surfaces—even around kids and pets!
After all, you have enough on our hands with the upcoming holidays. We're here to make winterizing a breeze. Now let's dive in.
Here are the 10 top ways to use Gear Hugger's Multipurpose Lubricant to prep your home and yard for winter:
1. Snow Shovel Maintenance: Here's a great hack! Prevent snow from sticking to your shovel blade by applying a few sprays of lubricant. Then watch the snow glide right off. This will make snow removal SO much easier.
2. Car Door Seals: Apply lubricant to the rubber seals around car doors to prevent freezing and sticking. No more tugging at car doors to get them to open in the mornings when they're often frozen shut.
3. Snow Blower Parts: Help your snow blower operate smoothly by lubricating moving parts such as chute controls and gears.
4. Propane Tank Valves: Lubricate the valve on your propane tank to ensure it opens and closes smoothly, especially if you rely on propane for heating.
5. Lubricate Door Hinges: Prevent your doors from sticking or squeaking during the winter with just a single spray on the door hinges.
6. Lock Maintenance: Keep door locks and windows in working order by applying the lubricant to keyholes and moving parts to prevent freezing when the temps drop.
7. Garage Door Tracks: Ensure your garage door operates smoothly in cold weather by lubricating the tracks and rollers. Here's a great how-to!
8. Window Tracks: Prevent drafts by making sure stuck windows can open and close easily. (P.S. - you can also use the lubricant to clean dusty window tracks so they're nice and tidy for the holidays.)
9. Squeaky Ladders: Eliminate squeaks on indoor and outdoor staircases and ladders by lubricating the joints and connections. Make sure to clean any remaining lubricant to avoid slippery surfaces afterward.
10. Bike Chain Lubrication: Just because it's cold outside, doesn't mean you need to put your bike away until spring. It just requires some extra TLC with the colder temps and salt on the roads. Protect your bike's chain from rust and maintain smooth pedaling by applying Gear Hugger's lubricant to the chain, front gears, rear gears, brake levers, and front and rear derailleurs assemblies.
Now that we've covered all of the lubricant home hacks, let's move on to how to use the degreaser! Here are the top 10 ways to use Gear Hugger's Heavy-Duty Degreaser to prepare your house for the winter:
1. Garage Floor Cleaning: Easily remove oil stains and grime to keep your garage clean for winter storage or garage hangouts with friends and family.
2. Grill and BBQ Cleaning: Is there anything worse than going to use your grill for the first time in the spring and finding a rusty mess?! Give your grill some pre-winter TLC with the degreaser to remove grease and residue before it's stored away until next year.
3. Kitchen Appliance Degreasing: Clean kitchen appliances like ovens, stovetops, and range hoods in preparation for winter cooking and baking. You'll definitely want to keep the degreaser handy for post-holiday-meal clean-up.
4. Fireplace Maintenance: Degrease glass or metal surfaces on your fireplace to ensure efficient operation during the winter.
5. Outdoor Furniture Cleaning: Prevent mold and mildew growth on outdoor furniture during the wet winter months.
6. Vehicle Maintenance: Degrease engine components and undercarriages to protect against winter road salt and maintain your vehicle. Here's how!
7. Garden Tools: Clean and degrease garden tools to keep them in extra good condition for winter garden care. This is a must as the ground gets harder.
8. Workshop Equipment: Ensure the smooth operation of workshop equipment, such as power tools and workbenches, during winter projects.
9. Sports Equipment: Improve the performance and longevity of sports equipment, like hockey skates, sleds, and snowshoes, by degreasing.
10. Snow Blower Maintenance: Clean and degrease your snow blower to keep it operating efficiently and reliably during winter snow removal.
At Gear Hugger, we're committed to creating products that are not only leading the way in terms of efficacy but are also TRULY environmentally responsible. By choosing our plant-based lubricant and heavy-duty degreaser, you contribute to a greener, cleaner future. Not to mention, winterizing becomes quick and easy when you only need two nontoxic, plant-made products to get the job done! We'll cheers to that.
Happy Holidays from our green family to yours!